Submitting a Book Review:
Thank you for your interest in reviewing a book for WAGADU. Since ours is not a paper journal, we are not as bound by page limitations as most journals, but the review should be kept within the customary range of lengths (750-1000 words). In addition to a brief summary of the book, a review should include a discussion of the book’s context (who would read/use the book, some historical or cultural context, etc.) and a critique of the book. If appropriate, it might be helpful to reference the names of chapters so it is easy for the reader to follow. Reviews should be prepared in APA format and submitted to WAGADU’s Book Review Editor. The review must be received within 60 days of receiving the book.
Submission Preparation Checklist for Book Reviews:
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. Use endnotes sparingly (we prefer that you don’t).
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements.